Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Yakshagana..

Yakshagana is popular art here at Dakshina Kannada. Its free and mostly performed at the nights. Anytime before the rainy season you can catch up these shows somewhere or the other.

My parents are a big fan of this art. Even I enjoy going to this occasionally. The OCCASION is when its performed nearby to my house ( so that if i feel sleepy i can reach home soon and go to bed ;) ) and when its on a weekend :)  

The snaps i have taken below are from a Yakshangana performed at Sada Shiva Temple, which is just a few minutes away from my home. This was the maximum I was able to zoom in at 16x zoom.

P1010461

This is Lord Krishna. I simply love the variety of colors they put in to their costumes.

P1010442

Just by the look of that guy gives you a impressions that he is the "Evil guy" right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
iOS app developer by profession, Internet addict, Blogger, Tech enthusiast, Gadget freak especially smartphones, Amateur photographer, Music lover, Cricket fan.